Asexual Awareness Week was sometime in October last year, I think
Is it even going to happen this year? I haven’t heard anything about it?
(I looked at my facebook page - it was the 23rd-29th last year)
I think it’s been turned into a local event… so local communities figure out the best week for them, and do it. i don’t really like the plan. i’m not sure if i’m right, though….
That’s kinda what I got from the website too…
I like the other plan better - we’re kinda too spread out to have “local communities” like most queer groups do.
Anyone else have any opinions on this?
Yeah, that’s basically what is happening this year: AAW will not be announcing any formal date, so people are free to use whatever week works best for them.
However, I’ve already been talking to a couple people about maybe trying to nevertheless have coordinated Awareness Weeks in various places that all fall during the same time, and I’d be happy to swap thoughts/resources/etc. with anyone else who would be interested! I’m also willing to put in the time and effort to help spearhead such an effort and help out anyone who wants to do things but doesn’t know what yet. We’re currently tentatively looking at early to mid march as a possible time range, especially if we can get overlap with Pi Day (March 14, also the day of the proposed “Sweet Asexy Love Day”. And a great excuse for a Pie Social). Any thoughts?
11 Notes/ Hide
- universal-cynic likes this
- heylookahufflepuff likes this
- blunderwomann reblogged this from asexualityexists
- glowsinthedark9 likes this
- elleandtheoubliette likes this
- asexualityexists reblogged this from ace-music
- nextstepcake reblogged this from ace-music and added:
- ace-music reblogged this from isitorderorisitchaos and added:
- isitorderorisitchaos reblogged this from ace-music and added:
- derpyfeet likes this
- ace-music posted this