It’s about what I would expect from then.
TW: sexism, heterosexism, ignorance about asexuality - the works
Transcript Below (let me know if you find errors.):
Host: Some feel a tug, others just shrug: I’m speaking of those who feel no sexual attraction to others. A new book argues that asexuals, an estimated one percent of the population, should be recognized as a fourth sexual orientation, or FSO for short. With the author calling them an understudied group who could feel very excluded from our quote “very sexualized culture” and indeed it is. Said one fan of neither woman or man quote: “we want asexuality to be recognized as a valid sexual orientation rather than a disorder or something people have to hide.” -(Michael Dore, World Pride Conference)
So let’s discuss this in the - shall we - Lighting Rooooooooooouuuuuuuund (they say it exactly like that)
Brooks, do you buy this orientation? Asexuals? Are they an under-
Brooke Goldfiend (Lawfare Project Director): Oh, I buy it.
Host: Oh you do?
Brooke: Asexuality has been around for a very long time, it’s called being a woman every three and a half weeks. (laughter) It’s a wonderful excuse to get out of obligations. (more laughter) I feel really bad for this poor 23-year-old who actually went and did the interview who admitted that he doesn’t objectify women, so they classified him as being asexual. I mean that’s the whole problem with the study, it went around to a bunch of men, and they didn’t want to, you know, have sex ten times a day, and suddenly they’re asexual.
Host: so you think that actually these people were just normal, or they were undereporting it -
Brooke: absolutely I think they were normal in an uber-sexualized society, so we’ve had to invent this asexuality
???: (jokingly) I just can’t believe the interview thought that I was 23
Host: Jamie, could it be they’re exaggerating asexuality, the numbers, like everybody does, remember we were told that this population was this big and then it wasn;t really this big, I’m talking about pixies.
Jamie Weinstein (Dailycalle): (sarcastically) I don’t think academics ever exaggerate anything . no, there was, I think there was a show about asexuality, or at least a segment on Saturday Night Live, it’s called Pat, uh, so I think they’ve been represented to some degree. But I think it’s kind of something, if you’ve ever been to-when I was on a college campus I remember, there was the lesbian bisexual gay and transgender, and then uh, questioning, they keep adding different letters, it does seem like we’re gonna be keep adding different letters for this.
Host: But I think they won’t be long on that one because they have a lack of a sexual - a sort - a sexuality, so they’ll be kinda like, treated as lepers, asexual lepers, if you will, uh dan. Fact is though you knew someone in high school like this didn’t you, or if you didn’t know someone then it was you
Dan Soder, (Comedian): wow, I don’t know, why are you cornering me like that?
I don’t know, I think when they say they want to be represented what do they want, just like the most boring beer commercials ever, just like a guy that’s like “beer”. (laughter). That’s it. No chicks in bikinis.
Host: But that’s the point. If this is the beginning, bill, of asexual rights, how - look what kind of discrimination will they be fighting against?
Bill: How where they discriminated against to begin with? they can focus on more things, get more done, not have to worry about a myriad of things that you sexual people have to worry about. I think that the problem with this is that it’s one percent. And can we just like, after a while stop recognizing things? Like if it’s that small a portion of the population, do I have to recognize you? Like, woo recognize me because I wear sock monkey hats! Ok, there’s a couple people that wear sock monkey hats, I don’t need to recognize you. yes, you exist. Move on.
Host: What do you have against sock monkeys?
Bill?: I’ve been to Williamsburg way to many times this weekend, I’m done with it.
Host: Well when somebody wants to be recognized you gotta wonder what do they want? And then you have to ask yourself what are they not getting?
Dan: Well we know they don’t want sex (laughter) so that’s what we know they’re not after
Host: exactly! so they want something else. I don’t trustem, I don’t trust em a bit
Dan: I don’t trust them at all (laughter)
829 Notes/ Hide
- everything-mel reblogged this from prmanent
- everything-mel likes this
- pseudopseudonym likes this
- asexology reblogged this from nextstepcake
- god-bless-zoloft likes this
- thehorannetwork reblogged this from strawberreli
- kirakirakyra reblogged this from asexualeducation and added:
- withquestionablewit reblogged this from lezbfrenz
- lezbfrenz reblogged this from littleghostpug
- vargasms reblogged this from nextstepcake
- lidys-stuff reblogged this from red-is-wasted-on-desire
- red-is-wasted-on-desire reblogged this from nextstepcake and added:
- halcyon-iota likes this
- sweetleilani007 reblogged this from arosynose
- arosynose reblogged this from asexualeducation
- 23crowsandroses likes this
- peppermintdemon likes this
- readwatchreblog likes this
- justaddfiction reblogged this from minionier
- consultingslytherinofwesteros likes this
- rainstuck reblogged this from johnlockcreys and added:
- justonemoremiraclesherlock reblogged this from johnlockcreys
- famousangels likes this
- sincerely-jaime reblogged this from johnlockcreys
- johnlockcreys reblogged this from knightjeran
- technikbythestairs likes this
- lucky-penny-lane reblogged this from pottysmovingcastle and added:
- radg1rlpyrope reblogged this from pottysmovingcastle and added:
- pottysmovingcastle reblogged this from knightjeran
- knightjeran reblogged this from asexualeducation and added:
- prmanent reblogged this from notveryproductive and added:
- notveryproductive reblogged this from piedoomy
- nugbees reblogged this from reallyfoxnews and added:
- theonlyscout reblogged this from casual-isms and added:
- santaclawsyourfaceoff likes this
- tongue-like-candy reblogged this from peppermint-octopus
- peppermint-octopus reblogged this from casual-isms
- masturdebation reblogged this from casual-isms
- goldandsilverdream likes this
- rainbowsaresplendid likes this
- iluisindustries likes this
- songbirdsandcrows likes this
- s133py likes this
- sparklethisshitup likes this
- juricon likes this
- qrookedqueer reblogged this from casual-isms
- ibecomemeguca reblogged this from casual-isms and added:
- justjaybaby reblogged this from casual-isms
- sassyfeminist likes this