I’ve been providing myself with orgasms for about 10 years or so. Maybe 11. In that course of time, my use of pornographic materials has progressed from dirty stories to pornographic pictures to porn films, with some porn audio thrown in there for good measure, and I continue to use a combination of all of those in order to provoke physical arousal whenever I have a sexual urge. (Arousal almost never happens for me otherwise. Touching by itself won’t cut it and usually, nothing I can think of will either.) No other human being has ever touched my genitals or my tits (in a sexual way) or kissed me open-mouthed, and no one ever will. (I find open-mouthed kissing with tongue repulsive, and partnered sex is simply of no interest, with myself involved.) This works for me because I’m an asexual so my sex drive and arousal responses are completely disconnected from real human beings and sex with those real human beings because I just don’t see people in a sexual way, unless they’re actually having sex (not with me), and when I watch porn, it’s not the people IN the porn who turn me on, it’s the actual fucking in progress. Graphic sexual content will turn me on physically, enabling me to have an orgasm, when I feel horny. But a person won’t. I couldn’t just stare at a picture of somebody or think of an individual and experience physical arousal. Certain people may be aesthetically attractive to me but there’s nothing sexually arousing about them. Just standing there. Existing.
Anyway. I just wanted to make a list of appreciation for my vibrator/hand, for delivering all the sexual gratification I need.
- provides me with orgasms whenever I want, however I want, as long as I want
- make no demands
- never fail to give me an orgasm (or multiple orgasms, for that matter!)
- doesn’t take up much of my personal space
- they don’t cheat
- or lie
- or leave
- or exhibit neediness
- or disrespect me
- or fail to be in the mood
- or want my sexual attention when I’m not interested
- they will never want to get married
- or have kids
- or demand monogamy
- or get me pregnant accidentally
- or give me an STD or STI
- they don’t require me to use birth control
- or condoms
- they fit in with my schedule perfectly
- and stay easily compartmentalized away from the rest of my life
- and do not emotionalize or romanticize the sexual activity
- and are way cleaner than partnered sex would be
- they don’t need to be attractive to me in any way
- a way to be self-sufficient, independent, and self-loving/self-caring
- the possibilities are endless and instant in porn; in real life, not so much
I love my vibrator/hand because all they do is serve the practical purpose for which I need fulfillment, when I need it. And they do this in a simple, easy, comfortable way.
So while I could theoretically have partnered sex (or hell, even group sex) in order to satisfy my sex drive….. seems to me like self-service is a million times more convenient.
RAmen to that.